The Property Exchange Group is a member of the Canadian Real Estate Association; therefore, all salespeople, employees and Broker are responsible for complying with and adhering to the Privacy Code.
The Property Exchange Group collects personal information necessary to effectively market and sell the property of sellers and to locate access and qualify properties for Buyers and to otherwise provide professional and competent real estate services to clients and customers.
We also collect personal information to adhere with our Fintrac obligations. The following privacy statement can be found in the ‘Client Relationship, Privacy and Fintrac’ brochure to be signed and acknowledged by clients:
As a Real Estate Brokerage, we require specific information about the property (for a listing) and about our clients.
Real Estate Brokerages are subject to Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act, as such, a REALTOR® has a legal obligation to collect & disclose personal information for business purposes to the Brokerage and Fintrac.
In order to comply with the Act, all Property Exchange Group REALTORS®;
- Collect the name, address, date of birth and occupation of the client(s) who’s name appears on the Offer to Purchase and/or Listing Contract;
- Collect the name, address, date of birth and occupation of the bank account holder(s);
- Require the presentation of documentary evidence to prove identity;
- Retain a copy of the Deposit Cheque;
- Collect corporation/entity documentation (if required).
Online Security Code
- We (The Property Exchange Group Inc) collect personal information such as addresses, location of property, pictures, maps, explanation and write-ups of properties/homes for the use of online marketing to sell real estate.
- Certain data may be collected from web browser users through web servers: IP addresses, browser types, browser versions and various pages users are visiting.
- Cookies may be stored on users’ personal computers when visiting our website.
- We use links to direct you to our social media posts/marketing such as:
- The Property Exchange Group web site
The security of your personal information is very important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
The Office Manager is the person responsible for Privacy Compliance.
*Establish and update information protection policies
*Evaluate the accessibility of sensitive information and take corrective action when necessary.
*Provide education to employees on the importance of information protection.